- Complete the Registration Form and submit it to the school of choice or the district office or complete the Online Application
- Submit the required documents supporting Proof of Age/Identity, and Proof of Arizona Residency.
Proof of Age/Identity:
Within 30 days of registration, the person registering the student must provide one of the following:
- A certified copy of the student’s birth certificate;
- Other reliable proof of the student’s identity and age, including the student’s baptismal certificate, and application for a social security number or original school registration records and an affidavit explaining the inability to provide a copy of the birth certificate;
- A letter from the authorized representative of an agency having custody of the pupil pursuant to a juvenile court proceeding, certifying that the student has been placed in the custody of the agency as prescribed by law.
Proof of a student's age and identity is not required for homeless students. (A.R.S. § 15-828(l))
Proof of Arizona Residency:
A.R.S. § 15-802(B) requires school districts and charter schools to obtain and maintain verifiable documentation of Arizona residency upon enrollment in an Arizona public school. See Arizona Residency Guidelines Revised 11/08/2021.
Submit the following:
- The Arizona Department of Education Arizona Residency Documentation Form or the State of Arizona Affidavit of Shared Residence form.
- A copy of one of the verifiable documents listed on the forms.
Proof of residency is not required for homeless students. (42 U.S.C.§ 11 432(g)(3)(C)(i))
A students’ race, color, national origin, immigration or citizenship status, or other impermissible factor, or that of their parents or guardians, is not relevant to establishing residency.
Supplemental documents are not required for admission but will enable our school to better serve the student, in promptly assigning courses and determining a Personalized Learning Plan. It is strongly suggested to submit these documents if you have them in your possession. These documents include:
- McKinney Vento Homeless Education Assistance Survey;
- Proof of Immunization, a Medical Exemption Form, or a Personal Beliefs Exemption Form if the student attends a Site School. By state law, (A.R.S. §15-873) a child will not be allowed to attend school until either proof of immunization or a completed exemption form is submitted to the school. (Homeless students are allowed a five-day grace period to submit proof of immunization or an exemption form);
- Primary Home Language Other Than English (PHLOTE) Form - students are required to answer and complete this form
- Official or unofficial high school transcripts;
- Official or unofficial middle school semester report cards and progress reports;
- Withdrawal Form from the previous school;
- Middle School Promotion Certificate or other verification from previous school;
- Special Education Records;
- Proof of Custody or Guardianship or a letter from an authorized representative of an agency having custody of the student;
- AzMERIT, AIMS, AzM2, and Civics test scores;
- English Language Learner testing scores (AZELLA/SELP);
- Notice to Provider form;
- Primary Caregiver form.